We were curious about weddings. Here are five fun "then and now" wedding facts. How do your plans compare?
- The first wedding bouquets included fragrant herbs and spices.
- Egyptians began exchanging rings as a sign of devotion.
- A "brides pie," not wedding cake, was served until the early 1800's.
- The most popular wedding months are September, June and October.
- More than 90% of couples register for wedding gifts.
Thinking about your wedding registry? Need a special gift for a favorite couple?
We carry unique, thoughtfully selected gift items for every occasion at JP General, many of them handcrafted and locally made. Create a JP General Gift Registry for your special day - or shop our ideas for Wedding Gifts online or in our Multnomah Village store in SW Portland. Need suggestions? We're always happy to help!