We love this time of year, when the pace is more relaxed, days are longer, and eating is simpler. Pack a picnic basket, head out the door, and make any summertime meal memorable.
Even the most casual picnic experience can be taken up an extra notch with a few picnic packing pointers. Follow our tips for a fiasco-free dinner al fresco.
5 Picnic Packing Essentials
Use this "essentials" checklist each time you pack a picnic:
- A generously-sized, washable blanket will serve as tabletop and lounge. (Our durable, weather-friendly Adventure Blanket is a great picnic companion.)
- A knife and corkscrew always come in handy on a picnic. The compact, two-in-one Corkscrew Knife does it all!
- A good water bottle is a must-have on any outdoor adventure - picnics included. Our popular Insulated Beverage Tumbler is the obvious choice.
- A leak-proof food container makes picnicking pleasant. The Porter Seal Tight Storage Container is the perfect picnic food packer.
- A cloth napkin is a great, sustainable addition to any picnic basket. Our linen Block Printed Cocktail Napkins are good looking and easy-care.
Don't forget plates and flatware. The Champion Wicker Picnic Basket makes it simple: all the servingware you need is neatly pre-packed and ready to go.
Pack easy-to-eat foods (avoid sloppy, saucy, large and floppy). Keep picnic fare chilled. Pack wet wipes and plenty of water. Most of all, relax and have FUN.